Date Issued: 20th October 2020
Leading residential estate agent Hamptons International are delighted to announce their latest fundraising initiative to raise money for Cancer Research’s Stand Up To Cancer campaign. ‘Relay around the World’ is a companywide event with employees collectively travelling 24,091 miles – the same distance it would take to travel around the world – by the end of 2020.
In previous years employees have travelled from branch to branch using various modes of transport in its ‘Relay round the Regions’. Individuals walked, ran or cycled, whilst others used more unusual forms of transport including; roller skates, a horse and cart and even a dragon boat race down the Thames. But, this year ‘Relay round the Regions’ has evolved to become ‘Relay around the World’ adding an additional 23,469 miles to the challenge in an effort to raise more money than ever before for Stand Up to Cancer. Employees have been asked to run, dog-walk, cycle, row, scoot, swim or anything they can think of to reach the collective goal of 24,091 miles by the end of the year.
Lesley Cairns, Managing Director at Hamptons International, says: “We are thrilled to announce our new fundraising initiative to help with this worthy cause. Here at Hamptons we have shown great determination when it comes to fundraising and we’re always keen to rally together as a business and help. Following our previous success with ‘Relay round the Regions’ we decided this was the year to take it a step further and introduce ‘Relay around the World’. Furthermore, by adapting the concept we hope to make it a little easier for everyone to get involved whilst keeping a safe distance.”
To date Hamptons International has raised £370,000 for the charity and this year is more important than ever as CR UK are facing one of the biggest challenges in their history.
Simon Harrison, Head of Stand Up To Cancer, said: “This is a great fundraising initiative by Hamptons and we’re thrilled to be benefitting this year. Stand Up To Cancer brings the UK together to raise money that will speed up progress in life-saving research and we couldn’t do it without brilliant supporters such as Hamptons. Wishing everyone involved the best of luck!”
Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research. To date, the campaign has raised more than £62 million, funding 52 clinical trials and projects, involving over 11,000 patients across the country.
Should you wish to donate to this worthy cause please visit your local branch, or donate via our fundraising page:
Additionally, please visit our website for more information:
For further information please contact:
Press Officer, Hamptons International
T: 07711 349 195
About Hamptons International
Hamptons International is a leading residential estate agent and property services company, operating in London and the South of the UK.
Hamptons International offers a wealth of award-winning services including UK and international Sales, Lettings, Property Management, Corporate Services, Residential Development, Development Land, Valuation Property Finance, and is a subsidiary of Countrywide, the UK’s largest estate agency and property services group.
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that could make a real difference for people with cancer
- More than £62 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 52 clinical trials and projects, and involving around 11,000 cancer patients across the country
- Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer