At Hamptons, we’re passionate about the planet and are mindful of our responsibilities to the wider world, that’s why in January we launched an internal initiative called Project Planet.
We know that being more environmentally aware is something that many of our customers are committed to and below are just some of the initiatives we started our 150th year with:
- Replacing plastic wherever possible – from cups in our branches to promotional materials (no more glossy brochures or leaflets!).
- Planting 150 trees to celebrate not just our birthday, but our wonderful countryside.
- Offering our customers the choice of receiving documents online or printed copies.
- Using a print industry-first paper made from recycled coffee cups for all our marketing brochures, also used by Selfridges and Apple in their products.
- Using recycled paper and LED lighting across our business.
- Using property boards made from recycled materials.
And we haven’t stopped there! Since January we have also taken part in a Spring Beach Clean and partnered with the award winning app Refill. Further information about both initiatives can be found below.
Did you know 6-14 April was Spring Beach Clean Week?
Surfers Against Sewage (SAS.org.uk), a national marine conservation and campaigning charity, are the organisers of this annual Big Spring Beach Clean (BSBC), the largest and most effective volunteer beach cleaning project in the UK, if not Europe.
It seemed like the perfect occasion for Hamptons volunteers to get involved and on Friday 12th April, an assortment of over 30 Hamptons staff, family, friends and dogs spent the morning cleaning up Hove beach. We had two hours before the tide came in and thankfully the weather was on our side, which helped to make it a fun and worthwhile team effort.
For more information, visit www.sas.org.uk
In February, we took action to help prevent plastic pollution by including our branch locations on the Refill app.
This award-winning campaign works by connecting people with thousands of Refill stations across the UK via a location-based app. The app is free to download, and all Hampton’s 90+ branch locations are included in the ‘Find a Refill Station’ search function.
Refill’s main objective is to prevent plastic pollution at source by making reusing a bottle simpler than buying a new one. Hamptons are the first estate agents to partner with Refill, so if you are out and about and need to refill your water bottle pop into one our branches.
Did you know?
- If all the current Refill stations are used just ONCE a day, we're stopping around 5 million plastic bottles at source in a year!
- If just 1 in 10 people in the UK refilled just once a week, we’d save around 340 million plastic bottles a year!
For more information and to sign-up to the Refill app visit: https://refill.org.uk/get-the-refill-app/
There are a lot more Project Planet activities and changes planned, which we will be sharing with you in upcoming newsletters. For more information, get in touch at email@example.com