Search for a property

Arrangements to make

Consents to Let

If your property is subject to a mortgage, your mortgage provider must consent to the rental. If you have a corporate tenant, this will need to be in writing. If your property is leasehold you will need permission from the freeholder. This can usually be obtained from the managing agent of the building.


It is vital that you protect yourself, your property and your contents with the right insurance products. We can advise you on what you need and help you secure the most competitive quotes.


You will need to provide the tenants with the equivalent of one set of keys for every bedroom in the property, plus a spare set for the tenants, and a further set of for our local branch.


Make a copy of any manuals or guides for your property and leave a copy for the tenants.

Professional Cleaning

Prior to occupation, all properties should be professionally cleaned. When the property is returned, the tenant is expected to do the same. Any outside space should also be left in seasonal good order.

Sundry Maintenance

Where applicable, any chimneys should be swept and oil fired boilers should be serviced and tanks filled. LPG bottles should be full as well. Please also ensure that every light bulb is working and that everything is in good working order in any associated buildings.

Utility Bills

We will assist the tenant in changing the bills over to their own name, but it is imperative that you speak to your suppliers confirming the new tenant will take over the bills.

Inventory, Check-In & Check-Out

We will happily arrange one of our approved inventory clerks to create a professional inventory for your property. On the day of move in, we will also arrange a check-in, which ensures that there is an accurate recording of the condition of the property when possession is granted to the tenant.

Please note that professional inventory documents are a necessity in the event of any possible future claims against the tenant’s deposit, particularly if you need to rely on adjudication.

Safety Documentation Recommendations

    ■If your property has a gas supply, you will need to provide a valid Landlord’s Gas Safety Record every year.
    ■To ensure electrical safety, we recommend that a portable appliance test (PAT) is completed every year.
    ■We recommend a fixed wiring test at 5 yearly intervals.
    ■You must provide an Energy Performance Certificate for each property you wish to let. An EPC lasts for 10 years.
    ■All relevant furniture/ furnishings must comply with fire regulations.
    ■Smoke detectors should be installed on each floor of the property.
    ■Carbon monoxide alarms should be installed next to each gas appliance and in any room through which a flue runs.


Signed Documents

As well as delivering the best tenant in the shortest time paying the best rent, we will ensure that all the documentation is in place correctly. We do require the legal owner of the property to have signed all the documentation before the tenant moves in. The only exception is when there is a specific power of attorney, drawn up by a solicitor.


We use cookies on our website which are strictly necessary to ensure optimal site performance, functionality and for analytics. You can manage your cookie preferences via your browser settings. To learn more about the different types of cookies and how we use these, please see our Cookies Policy.