A rare opportunity to acquire Cherstey Road Hall in the cente of Windlesham village, which currently has D1 use but scope for a variety of uses.
The hall opened as the Chertsey Road Infant School for the poor in 1896, and known as ‘The Little School’. The Infant School closed around 1929, and the Hall continued to be used for a Sunday School (until 2001) and for many activities including clubs and societies, for parties, dance and exercise classes, an after-school club. It was originally built to house a school to provide religious education for the poor children of the Parish under the 1841 School Sites Act.
No action has been taken by the current owners in seeking planning permission for other development or opportunities of the property/land and prospective buyers should make their own enquiries with the local authority in this respect.
Ideally situated in the heart of Windlesham village, the property is conveniently located to the local shops and amenities along with access to the motorway network, with junction 3 of the M3 being about 1 mile away. This connects with the M25 and provides good vehicular access to central London, Heathrow and the west country.
The property is also only about one and a half miles from Sunningdale station; Waterloo is about 50 minutes. Local shopping facilities and a fine selection of Public Houses are well catered for in Windlesham, Sunningdale and Ascot, with a more comprehensive selection in Windsor, about 7 miles away.
Anyone with a sporting interest should enjoy this area. There are several world renowned golf courses, health and tennis clubs, leisure and swimming centres, an ice rink and dry ski slope, horse racing at Ascot and you could even try your hand at polo.
There is an excellent selection of both state and private schooling including Woodcote House boarding and day school, Coworth Flexlands, Hall Grove, Papplewick, St Mary's school, St John's Beaumont, St George's and The Marist.
To the front is a parking area for 2 cars.
2 generous activity rooms
car parking for 2 vehicles
currently used as a village hall
currently D1 non-residential institutional use.