Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
This is one of our Country Houses
Enjoying a fine aspect over adjoining countryside and set alongside the handsome church of St John The Baptist, The Old Parsonage was once the rectory for the local incumbent. With distinctive mid Victorian, Gothic style exteriors, the house was constructed in 1860 of stone and render exteriors. As well as gaining the valuable planning consent, the present owners have carried out a programme of restoration and renovation enhancing period features such as tall ceilings with decorative mouldings, stone mullioned windows with internal shutters, a variety of fireplace styles, deep skirting boards and cast iron radiators with double glazed windows and under floor heating to the bath and shower rooms. The accommodation is arranged over four floors and is of generous proportion. The ground floor is given over to gracious reception rooms, enjoying views of the gardens and beyond. The drawing room features a fireplace with painted surround and a bay window, whilst the dining room enjoys a lovely outlook over the gardens and the study has a gothic style stone fireplace. The kitchen/breakfast room, which has French doors leading out to the garden, is comprehensively furnished with cabinetry by Mark Wilkinson, granite work surfaces, an oil fired Aga with electric companion and integrated Miele appliances including a steam oven. Additional living areas have been created on the garden level providing a cinema room and a studio/gym, serviced by a shower room and domestic offices, as well as a guest bedroom. Or alternatively, this area could provide a separate apartment. Bedrooms are of good size and are laid out over the upper two levels serviced by a bathroom on each floor with the Master Bedroom having its own en-suite shower room.
Tidebrook is a hamlet within the Parish of Wadhurst in East Sussex. It is located between the villages of Mayfield and Wadhurst in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The brook for which the hamlet is named rises in the valley and forms one of the sources of the River Rother which meets the sea at Rye. Both Mayfield and Wadhurst have a good selection of local stores for everyday shopping, including specialist local suppliers, cafes and restaurants. Train services to London Bridge from Wadhurst have a journey time from fifty two minutes and continue on to either Charing Cross or Cannon Street. There are a good number of well thought of schools in the locality, at primary and secondary levels in both the state and private sectors including Holmewood House, Marlborough House, Mayfield School and primary schools in Wadhurst, Mayfield and Stonegate.
The attractive, mature gardens lie in the main, to the south and west of the house. Tall trees and mature, evergreen shrubs provide seclusion and there are large lawned areas. To the front is a gravelled drive, providing turning and parking, whilst to one side is a paved terrace, providing an ideal place for outdoor entertaining and enjoying the pleasant outlook. A small bridge crosses a stream and leads to the paddock, which extends to just over three and a half acres and on to an area of woodland.
Agent’s Note –
The property benefits from planning consent reference WD/2015/1887/F dated 19 September 2016 for a single storey extension, a proposed garage and tennis court. The extension will provide a new garden room, cloakroom and music room with
associated hallways and access to the garden. The garage building is to be set at the lower garden level and will comprise two enclosed bays, an open bay and first floor accommodation accessed via an external staircase including a main room and shower room, with the tennis court beyond to the west.
Victorian country house in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Lovely location adjoining the church
Handsome period features in refurbished accommodation
Planning permission to extend
In total approximately 5.91 acres
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate