Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
A handsome and substantial Arts and Crafts (circa 1901) detached family house extensively renovated with great care to preserve and enhance the many period features whilst at the same time introducing contemporary fixtures and fittings suitable for modern day living. Points of particular note include:-
• The light and spacious beautifully presented accommodation incorporates high ceilings, leaded light and picture windows, fireplaces, stripped panelled doors, polished wood floorboards and a muted colour scheme.
• The fine entrance hall creates a wonderful first impression of the house with its panelled ceiling, balustrade staircase, ornate mouldings and a superb antique ceramic fireplace crafted by Royal Doulton with wooden mantle.
• The elegant drawing room has a wide bay window with outlook to the front, a very attractive marble fireplace with a distinctive carved pelmet above and polished wood floorboards.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is very well fitted with a range of bespoke units built by Plain English set beneath Welsh slate work surfaces, a Britannia duel fuel range cooker, integrated larder fridge and slate flooring. A central island with further cupboards and drawers beneath, crafted in cherry wood, with a maple top, doubles up as a breakfast bar. French doors lead out on the garden from the breakfast room.
• On the first floor there are four bedrooms which are all an excellent size. The principal bedroom has an attractive bay window to the front, a fireplace and a well fitted en-suite shower room.
• There are three further bedrooms on the second floor, a shower room and access to two generous eaves storage areas.
The property is situated along Molyneux Park Road, a residential conservation area close to the Common and less than a mile from the town centre and the train station. A little further on is the High Street and the famous Pantiles. The house is within easy walking distance of the renowned schools in the town which include grammar and independent schools, primary and preparatory schools. Train Services: Tunbridge Wells main line station for trains to London in about 50/55 minutes.
To the front of the house a pathway leads to a beautiful period front door with stone mullioned surround and to one side there is a bricked paved parking area.
The rear garden has been beautifully landscaped and is well stocked with a wide variety of shrubs and trees including tall bamboo, bay and olive. A paved terrace leads to an attractive pergola covered with a climbing rose and clematis. The house has access to The Molyneux Park, an exclusive gated private park for the use of a limited number of households in the immediate area.
Principal Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room
6 further Bedrooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate