Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Offering complete privacy and protected on all quarters by established trees and hedgerow. Priory House was built around 1530 on the foundations of what is believed to have been the original C13th Priory. This majestic 7 bedroom, 6 reception room, detached 8,647 sq. ft home is built of brick with Wisteria clad elevations and sits well within its oasis of a gardens and paddock, the character of the house is evident, with original brick barrel chimneys spiralling up from the tiled roof. From an entertainment point of view the ground floor accommodation, flows well with the principal reception rooms having glorious south westerly views over the sunken rose beds, sweeping lawns, arbour and gardens beyond. From the country style kitchen and rear elevations the views are equally impressive, with aspects overlooking rolling countryside. Superbly maintained by the current owners during their fifty year tenure, Priory House has a wealth of architectural detail from the three quarter panelled drawing room, working fireplaces to the beamed dining room with William Morris panels.
Priory House is approached from Clamp Hill and along a private meandering driveway which rolls past the private paddock and through the undulating gardens terminating in a large parking area to the front of the house. The gardens and grounds are one of the property's greatest assets having been lovingly stocked and tended over many decades. Pathways lead you on a voyage of discovery past deep herbaceous borders overflowing with shrubs, perennial plants and spring bulbs. The main area of lawn sweeps away from the front of the house where the planting bears testimony to the commitment and passion that has created a delightful country garden. A mature Cedar of Lebanon adjoins the parking sweep and the main flower beds are edged with lavender and box. Priory House has private access to Bentley Priory Nature Reserve to the rear of the plot.
Priory house is privately set in its own grounds on the north west of Stanmore, a popular village in the London Borough of Harrow, this prestigious home is conveniently located for all of the local amenities of Stanmore offering excellent transport facilities with links to London and the north with Stanmore underground station (Jubilee line) and the M1 motorway at junction 4 approx. three miles away, which connects with the M25 and the main motorway network. Northwood underground station (Metropolitan line) is a short drive away, as is Heathrow Airport which is within 15 miles. Sporting and recreational facilities are incredibly well catered for in the area with Stanmore cricket and golf clubs situated particularly close by, together with sailing at Aldenham Country park, the David Lloyd and Village fitness centres as well as excellent riding and walking in the surrounding countryside. The area is renowned for excellent schooling, both state and private with North London Collegiate and Haberdashers Askes being two examples There are a number of excellent private and state schools in the vicinity including, North London Collegiate and St Margaret's.
Beautiful period property built circa 1530
approx 8647 sq ft
6 reception rooms
set in approx 3.3 acres
mature grounds with pony paddock and outbuildings
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate