Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
This fine detached character house has been substantially extended in keeping with the original character and style. There is superb family accommodation and throughout there are many notable features some of which include the following:-
• The Drawing Room is an elegant well-proportioned room with French doors on two sides opening on to the terrace and double doors leading through to the Family Room also with French doors to the Terrace and both rooms have open fireplaces.
• The large well-fitted and equipped Kitchen/Breakfast room also has a family Sitting Area where there are French doors to the garden. In the Kitchen area there is an Aga, oven and hob. There are long working surfaces with cupboards under complemented by an island unit. In addition there is a walk-in larder and a large Pantry.
• The Dining Room and Study are in the older part of the house
• In the more recent addition of the house there is an Entrance Hall, Boot Room, excellent Wine Cellar, Utility Room and Shower Room.
• There is a delightful Principal Bedroom Suite with a large well-fitted Bathroom and a further 6 bedrooms and Family Bathroom all on the first floor.
• On the top floor there are 3 further Bedrooms or Studies which have been created in the roof space.
• The Studies and Workshop have the benefit of a computer network connection. There is a PBX with 8 extensions.
• Attached to the house is a large Workshop with velux windows and double doors with the option of alternative uses such as a Gym, Games Room or Office etc.
Approached by a long private lane Wood Cottage is set within wooded surroundings between Heathfield to the east and Cross in Hand to the west. In Heathfield there is an excellent range of local shops, supermarkets, banks, post office and schools etc. Tunbridge Wells is about 13 miles to the north for more comprehensive amenities whilst Eastbourne on the south coast is about 17 miles. There are schools in the area for children of all ages in both the private and state sectors.
The gardens along with the surrounding woodland provide a very attractive setting for the house and includes wide expanses of sweeping lawns, an excellent terrace on the south and west sides of the house and a large natural pond. There is a detached Workshop and a Greenhouse connected to mains water and electricity. To the front there is a parking area for a number of vehicles. In all about ¾ acre.
Train Services: Wadhurst mainline station for trains to London (Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street) in about 60 minutes. Or Uckfield station for a direct service to London Bridge in about 75 minutes.
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate