Originally dating back to the 1960’s, the property has been extensively renovated and modernised by the current owners, including the addition of solar panels and air conditioning, and is beautifully presented from top to bottom. The space is light and bright throughout with large windows and doors and stunning far-reaching views to the south and west best viewed from an outstanding terrace.
With many notable features throughout this exceptional property, points of particular note include:
- An exceptional triple aspect kitchen/breakfast room extending to over 30ft with bi-fold doors opening directly to the fabulous terrace to create a wonderful entertaining space. The contemporary kitchen is fitted with a host of modern Miele and Siemens appliances and includes a vast central island incorporating a timber wrap-around breakfast bar.
- An equally impressive 31ft sitting room with bi-fold doors to two sides opening to the terrace to create a very special and unique inside/ outside space.
- A very good play room along with a secondary kitchen, cloakroom and two interconnecting bedrooms with an en suite shower room complete the ground floor accommodation.
- There is a very well-proportioned snooker room on the lower ground floor with a full size Riley competition table to be included within the sale.
- A lovely principal bedroom has a walk-in dressing room accessed from both the bedroom and the luxury en suite bathroom and there are three additional bedrooms on this floor which are very well served by an en suite shower room and beautifully fitted family bathroom with ‘Jack and Jill’ doors. There is also a fitted laundry room with two integrated washer dryers.
Redholme stands on high ground and enjoys wonderful far reaching panoramic views to the south and west, some of the finest in Tunbridge Wells. The property, which adjoins Hargate Forest and is ideal for dogwalking, is set at the end of Strawberry Close, a much sought after cul-de-sac in the popular southern part of town towards the end of the highly regarded tree-lined avenue of Broadwater Down. The historic Pantiles, the High Street and Sainsbury’s superstore are all just over 1 mile and the mainline station is about 1.5 miles. In the town centre there are excellent shopping facilities including many major national stores and recreational amenities include a cinema complex, theatres, two golf courses, a sports and leisure centre and numerous restaurants. The area is renowned for the number of excellent schools for boys and girls of all ages including Grammar schools.
This striking property is set in a sizeable plot with an understated entrance and private driveway with parking and turning for numerous vehicles as well as access to a double garage.
The outside space is equally as impressive as the interior and wraps around the property with a remarkable terrace with breathtaking panoramic views providing ideal areas in which to sit, dine and entertain. The gardens are very private and there is a kidney shaped tiled swimming pool heated by an air-source heat pump and a good expanse of lower lawn with mature shrubs which includes two stepped paths giving direct access to Hargate Forest.
In all about 0.7 acres.
Fabulous contemporary home
Stunning panoramic views
High specification throughout
Exceptional kitchen/breakfast room
Sitting room with bi-fold doors opening on both sides and a play room
Principal bedroom with private bathroom and dressing room and five further bedrooms (two en suite)
Private gardens with swimming pool - just under an acre
Direct access to Hargate Forest