Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Dating back to the 16th and 17th Century and situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this charming detached Grade II listed property houses many period features including exposed timbers, wide oak floor boards, impressive fireplaces and a superb carved oak staircase. The spacious and versatile accommodation is presented well throughout and points of particular note include:
- A superb dining hall, accessed through an impressive wide arched front door with feature windows to both sides, with an attractive open fireplace and wood burning stove and an adjoining triple aspect drawing room with outlooks across the gardens, a door to outside and an open fireplace with marble surround.
- A very well fitted and equipped triple aspect bespoke kitchen/breakfast room with an extensive range of cupboards and drawers with long granite work surfaces and an excellent range of fitted appliances including a lovely 4 oven AGA, Miele oven and coffee machine and Fisher & Paykel dishwasher drawers. Double doors open to the rear garden with windows to the side and front and the breakfast area has a range of fitted bench seats with storage.
- A cosy double aspect family room with inglenook fireplace and further wood burning stove has exposed ceiling timbers and door to a cloakroom with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer.
- There are two separate staircases to the first and second floor accommodation – one with a substantial carved oak baluster and handrail with oak treads.
- The elegant double aspect principal bedroom on the first floor has an attractive feature fireplace and adjoining dressing room also with a fireplace. There are two further bedrooms on this floor, one with an en suite and a study which looks out to the front and a very well fitted double aspect family bathroom.
- To the second floor are three well-proportioned bedrooms, one with fitted desk and cupboards and another with eaves storage. A further well fitted family bathroom with impressive part-vaulted ceiling and eaves storage completes the accommodation.
Situated near the centre of historic and picturesque Penshurst, one of the most highly regarded villages in the area containing the magnificent 13th Century Penshurst Place as well as a primary school, post office store, tearooms and churches. The main towns of Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks are about 6 miles away respectively and providing comprehensive shopping facilities, schools and recreational amenities.
A gravel driveway provides parking for several vehicles and gives access an excellent triple open bay garage with storage room above. The magnificent gardens lie predominantly to the south and west of the house and have two brick paved terraces. The landscaped gardens provide an idyllic setting and comprise of pond, vegetable garden with raised beds, established shrubs and flowering plants and trees.
In total about 1.58 acres.
Principal Bedroom with Dressing Room
5 Further Bedrooms & 3 Bathrooms (1 En Suite)
Established Landscaped Gardens
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate