Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
An attractive and superbly situated semi-detached Edwardian home believed to date from the mid 1900’s with far reaching views across beautiful rolling countryside. The well proportioned, flexible accommodation has period features including high skirting boards and corniced ceilings is arranged across three floors with points of particular note including the following:
- An elegant sitting room to the front of the house has a marble surround open fireplace and wide bay window. Adjacent is the dining room with wood flooring also has an open fireplace and doors to the study.
-The breakfast room has wood flooring and leads through into the kitchen which is well fitted and equipped with a good range of wall and base units, long work surfaces, plumbing space for a washing machine, tall larder cupboards and door to outside.
- An excellent family room has outstanding views over the garden and surrounding countryside with French doors opening onto the terrace.
- To the first floor there are three bedrooms, two with sash windows and outlooks over the garden and the principal bedroom has original wood flooring and a wide bay window to the front.
- On the landing to the second floor is a well fitted family bathroom with tiled flooring, a freestanding bath with claw feet with shower attachment, WC, sink and eaves storage.
- The top floor has two further bedrooms, one with a feature fireplace.
Horsmonden is in the heart of the Weald of Kent in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and this property sits just to the north of the village. Within the village there is a superb village store, chemist, hairdressers, and doctors surgery along with a primary school. The well known villages of Brenchley and Matfield are nearby whilst Tunbridge Wells is about 10 miles to the west for a comprehensive range of shopping facilities and amenities. The whole area is renowned for its excellent educational facilities for boys and girls of all ages.
Train services: Paddock Wood about 4.8 miles for trains to London in about 41 minutes.
The gardens and grounds provide a delightful setting for the house, the garden is a wide expanse of lawn which wraps around in an L shape through to an ancient orchard. There are outstanding views of the surrounding countryside and beyond with a vegetable bed and a shed. At the front there is parking for several vehicles and a garage. In all about 0.5Acres.
2 Bath/Shower Rooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate