Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
This is one of our Country Houses
This striking family house is the substantial front, west facing, portion of a fine Victorian villa. The spacious interior provides elegant well proportioned family accommodation which includes many notable features such as beautiful parquet flooring, a number of fireplaces, internal window shutters and sash windows, encased radiators and high ceilings with decorative cornicing. Further features of note include the following:-
• An attractive entrance porch to the house with Gothic style front double doors, stained glass window and door to the impressive reception hall with its parquet floor, fine staircase and double height ceiling.
• The two main reception rooms, the sitting room and sitting room are elegant well proportioned rooms with high ceilings, fireplaces, bay windows and doors to the west facing terrace.
• The well fitted and equipped kitchen has an excellent range of high gloss base units with granite worktops and glass fronted cupboards above, inset Butler sink, integrated appliances including two dishwashers, electric and steam ovens, plate warming drawer, induction hob with cooker hood extractor. An archway opens to the dining room which has fitted display shelves and a fine marble fireplace.
• The wide turning staircase with a half landing leads to the spacious main landing with further stairs to the top floor.
• The outstanding principal bedroom has outlooks over the garden and beyond, a feature marble surround fireplace and a range of part glass fronted wardrobe cupboards. Adjoining is a bathroom with a roll top bath and corner shower cubicle.
• The two further bedrooms on this floor both have marble surround fireplaces and are served by a beautiful bathroom by C P Hart with a large walk in shower, bath, wide basin and WC and under floor heating.
• On the top floor there are two further bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and one with a door to a attic area with scope for conversion subject to necessary consents.
Broadwater Down is a wide, tree-lined avenue and is one of the most highly regarded residential roads in Tunbridge Wells. It is in the favoured southern part of the town, convenient for access to the famous Pantiles where there are restaurants, tea rooms, bars and boutiques. The High Street for further restaurants and a little further on the main line station. There are excellent shopping facilities in the town including major national stores at the Royal Victoria Shopping Mall and Calverley Precinct. Recreational amenities in the town include a cinema complex, two theatres, sports and leisure centre, fitness gyms, golf courses and numerous restaurants etc. There are excellent education facilities for children of all ages including grammar schools for girls and boys, independent schools, primary and preparatory schools.
The gardens which are to the front of the house provide a very attractive setting with a superb paved terrace with stone balustrading running the length of the house and overlooking the long sweeping lawn with numerous flowering shrubs and trees to either side making the garden very private. To the side there is a further timber decked terrace and towards the end of the garden a child’s garden house. The shared drive continues past the house to the attached garage (The property owns the drive running from Broadwater Down to the parking areas which sit either side of that drive). There is parking outside the house for 2/3 cars. There is also two gates from the drive to the garden. In all about 0.4 acres.
Tunbridge Wells mainline station – 0.89 miles (Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street 50/55 minutes); The Pantiles – 0.7 miles; The High Street – 0.8 miles; The town centre – 1.3 miles; The A21 for a direct route to M25 – 2.8 miles; Gatwick Airport – 37 miles; Central London – 48 miles (All distance and times are approximate).
gas fired central heating.
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate