Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
This truly unique architect designed house has a very versatile layout which provides spacious family accommodation over the three floors. Particular points of note include:-
• The entrance hall with wide staircase to the galleried landing overlooking the living room with views through the tall arched window.
• The superb open plan kitchen with dining and living areas, where there is a Charnwood wood burning stove, has two pairs of French double doors opening onto the south facing spacious verandah. The kitchen area is well fitted and equipped with wood and marble work surfaces, Falcon range cooker with gas hob, American style fridge/freezer, an island unit and polished wood floors throughout etc.
• The sitting room has panelled walls and double doors to the dining area. On this floor is also the guest bedroom suite.
• On the first floor is the delightful principal bedroom suite with its beautifully fitted wet room with Carrera marble. There is a well fitted family bathroom serving the two further bedrooms.
• On the spacious garden floor there is potential to provide a self-contained suite of rooms whether further living accommodation or offices. At present it is arranged with the 5th bedroom, a shower room, a studio, utility room and workshop.
Situated within the popular 'Village Area' in the highly regarded lower end of Tunbridge Wells, the house is located just a short walk from the famous Pantiles, mainline station and the High Street where there are a wide range of shops, boutiques, bistros and restaurants. There are more comprehensive shopping facilities in the town centre at the Royal Victoria Place Shopping Mall, where there is a wide variety of well known stores and shops. Schools in the area include grammar schools, private, preparatory and public schools.
The house is located on a quiet private no-through lane and has a timber bridge to the front door and to the side timber gates to the drive and parking. The large decked verandah has steps down to a further terrace and the garden. The garden which is mainly laid to lawn has a pentagon shed and a superb summerhouse/home office (Ocean View) which has a part converted steam room, a further decked area and beyond a small orchard with cherry, apple and pear trees.
Train Services: Tunbridge Wells mainline station for trains to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street in about 50/55 minutes.
Road Communications: The A21 is to the north of Tunbridge Wells for a direct route to the M25 national motorway network.
5 Bedrooms (2 with En Suite Shower Rooms)
Studio and Workshop
Large Verandah and Garden
Gas Central Heating
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate