Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
A beautifully presented detached conversion of an original oast house which has been the subject of a lot of care and thought and now provides superbly presented accommodation. The style and quality of the fixtures and fittings that have been used throughout the house are excellent and the principal features are as follows:
- Glazed doors open into an entrance hallway with exposed brickwork and a short curved staircase leads to the double height inner hall.
- The fantastic kitchen is very well fitted by Messrs’ Schofield & Crafter of Tunbridge Wells and includes a range of floor and wall mounted units with solid beech worktops, range cooker, exposed brickwork and timbers and a limestone floor. A stable door allows access to the rear and the room is semi open to the breakfast room where there is a LPG burning stove. Steps lead down into the lovely sunroom which houses the original hop press and has double doors opening onto the gardens and enjoys the beautiful south-westerly views.
- The drawing room is situated within the roundel with French doors opening onto a circular patio area. The room has further windows and a lovely inglenook fireplace housing a wood burning stove.
- The study is a split level room currently very well arranged with a library area on the upper level and desk & work-space on the lower.
- The landing has a gallery looking over the entrance hall and windows to the front allow natural light to fill this area. There are doors leading to all five bedrooms along with the exceptional wet room which has recently been fitted to an exacting standard to include clean lines and right angles and under floor heating.
- The master bedroom suite is fantastic. Situated within the roundel there is ample storage and beautiful views across the valley. A staircase rises to a landing area which overlooks the bedroom and has a door to a unique and very well appointed shower room with under floor heating. The remaining four bedrooms are all of a unique size and shape, with exposed beams and timbers, vaulted ceilings and Heritage roof windows. There is also a further en suite bathroom.
- A five bar gate opens onto the driveway which leads up to the house and culminates in a parking and turning area. The gardens around the house are very well maintained with a wide variety of mature plants, shrubs, trees and hedging. The main area of garden is to the south of the house and is manly laid to lawn and there is a further area of lawn to the front of the sun room. To the front there is a brick built store.
- Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the property is within easy driving distance of a number of stations offering fast and frequent services to London.
THERE WILL BE NO ONWARD CHAIN.
Hobbs Hill Oast sits on high ground overlooking the small and pretty Hamlet of Blackham, which is located about 6 miles to the west of Tunbridge Wells and about 8 miles to the east of East Grinstead and is within the parish of Chiddingstone. Designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it consists of a variety of houses and farms along with All Saints church which sits in the centre of the village and dates back to 1884. There is also a village hall and Kent Water, a tributary of the River Medway meanders its way through. The picturesque and historic village of Penshurst is just under 4 miles away as is Langton Green. Both offer local shops, amenities and in Penshurst, quaint tearooms. In Tunbridge Wells there are comprehensive shopping facilities including the Royal Victoria Place Shopping Precinct which houses many major national stores along with a wide variety of individual shops. The area is renowned for its superb educational facilities, both private and state for both girls and boys. Favoured schools include Holmewood House in Langton Green (4 miles) and Brambletye in East Grinstead (8.3 miles) and Ashdown House in Forest Row (8.4 miles) along with the well renowned grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells.
A five bar gate opens onto the driveway which leads up to the house and culminates in a parking and turning area. The gardens all around the house are very well maintained with a wide variety of mature plants, shrubs, trees and hedging. The main area of garden is to the south of the house and is manly laid to lawn and there is a further area of lawn to the front of the sun room. To the front there is a brick built store.
Vaulted Entrance Hall
Kitchen/Breakfast Room with Utility Room
Roundel Drawing Room
Superb Master Bedroom Suite
4 Further Bedrooms
Excellent Modern Wet Room
En-Suite to Guest Bedroom
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate