Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Situated in a central and convenient location, an attractive detached Victorian house dating back to around 1865 and providing spacious versatile family accommodation over three generous floors. There are many notable period features, and points of note include:
- An attractive porch with original tiled flooring leads to the front door and into the hallway with an elegant staircase rising to the first floor. Doors to the reception rooms, cloakroom, a further door to the rear garden and stairs descend to the TV room.
- A well proportioned and elegant sitting room to the front of the house has a wide bay window and a gas fireplace with marble and wood surround with fitted shelves either side.
- An adjacent elegant and well proportioned family room has a tiled surround open fireplace with wood mantle and also has a wide bay window.
- The dining room has outlooks over the garden and a further tiled surround feature fireplace.
- A well fitted and equipped kitchen with wall and floor mounted units, long work surfaces and a range of appliances.
- To the first floor there are four good sized bedrooms all with fitted wardrobe cupboards and one with an en suite shower cubicle. All are well served by a large family bathroom with a separate shower cubicle.
The house is set less than half a mile from the centre of Tunbridge Wells where there are outstanding shopping facilities, particularly at The Royal Victoria Place shopping mall and Calverley Precinct. In the lower part of the town are the High Street, the famous Pantiles and Tunbridge Wells Central railway station. The town is renowned for its educational facilities for children of all ages in both the private and state sectors including grammar schools. Recreational amenities include a cinema complex, two theatres, a sports and leisure centre, two golf courses and numerous restaurants etc.
The property is approached via a driveway providing parking for vehicles and access to the garage. The rear garden can be accessed from a side passage at the front of the house or alternatively from the kitchen or entrance hall. The terrace wraps around the house and has steps up to the well screened wide lawned garden, with established shrub and tree lined borders. There is also access to the garage.
Train Services: The main line station at Tunbridge Wells is 0.6 miles away for services to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street, about 50 minutes. Road Communications: The A21 is to the north of Tunbridge Wells for a direct route to the M25 national motorway network.
4 Bedrooms (One with Shower)
Gas Central Heating
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate