Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Whitehouse Cottage is an enchanting superbly situated detached period house enjoying far reaching views over beautiful rolling Sussex Countryside. The house is believed to date from 1766 when it was two cottages subsequently extended in recent years. The light and spacious interior includes some period features such as a number of exposed timbers and beams and with the accommodation arranged over two floors further particular points of note include the following:
• There is a delightful well-proportioned sitting room with an attractive fireplace with Clearview wood burner, outlooks on two sides and a wide opening to the dining room. This room overlooks the garden and has double doors to the excellent large conservatory with its tiled flooring, two sets of French doors to the garden with attractive outlooks over the pond and also includes a living grape vine.
• The bespoke Harvey Jones kitchen/breakfast room has an extensive range of cupboards and drawers with an electric AGA and electric companion, long black granite work surfaces, fitted seating area in the breakfast room with outlooks to the garden and door to outside. There is an adjacent utility room with butler sink further cupboards and plumbing space for appliances.
• From the inner hall there are stairs to the first floor and doors to the study and a smaller second study where there is a door to the cloakroom. A second entrance to the house gives access to the double garage and via the utility room a door to the garden room with its high vaulted ceiling and a hot tub. A secondary staircase leads to an excellent bedroom suite with a shower room.
• The delightful principal bedroom has attractive outlooks, a dressing room and well fitted en suite shower room.
• There are two further bedrooms on the first floor both are well served by a shower room.
The property is situated off this country lane to the south of Tunbridge Wells approximately half way between the villages of Eridge and Rotherfield both offering local amenities, with further extensive services and amenities available at Tunbridge Wells (4.5 miles to the north) and Crowborough (4 miles to the south west). Primary schools are located at Rotherfield and Mark Cross and nearby grammar, preparatory and secondary schools are located at Mayfield, Tunbridge Wells, Crowborough and Wadhurst.
The house is approached off the lane to a driveway with parking for several vehicles and access to the double garage. There is a gate to the side and a small area of lawn to the front. A terrace and pathway wrap around the house and there is a pond. A wide lawn adjoins the terrace and there is access to an orchard, field and raised vegetable beds. In all about 3 acres. The land has been managed to encourage wildlife including a flower meadow in recent years.
principal bedroom with dressing room and en suite shower room
3 further bedrooms
2 shower rooms
attached double garage
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate