Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
An extended and improved four bedroom character property, believed to date back to 1830 and previously occupied by the same family for over 100 years.
The front door opens into a light and double aspect reception hall/dining room with tiled floor and sash windows. To the right is a sitting room with an open fireplace, and sash windows to the front looking over the front garden. Beyond the stairs to the first floor is a useful cloakroom and utility/shower room, with a door opening onto the courtyard garden to the side of the property.
The refitted kitchen offers a range of built in wall and base units, a Rangemaster cooker with gas hob, Belfast sink and useful pantry. The kitchen leads into an open plan family room with bi-fold doors opening onto the rear garden. This light and airy reception room has under floor heating and its own entrance via the courtyard garden. The family room leads into an excellent room that was formerly a separate dwelling and restored by the current owners into a flexible living space. This reception room could serve as a music room, office or bedroom, and features a characterful fireplace recess, high vaulted ceiling with skylights and under floor heating.
To the first floor are four double bedrooms, two of which have built in wardrobes, and a family bathroom.
The village of Tiddington is situated 5 miles from Thame and 12 miles from Oxford, both of which offer a full range of facilities that include excellent schooling, amenities and entertainment and leisure facilities. Tiddington offers excellent access to the M40 for commuters to London or Birmingham and Haddenham and Thame Parkway (6 miles away) offers mainline services to London Marylebone in approximately 37 minutes. The village itself has a half-hourly bus service to Oxford and Aylesbury and Haddenham Parkway station, has a public house (The Fox and Goat) and falls into the Great Milton primary school catchment area. The local petrol station and garage has a small shop and the post office comes to the village hall on one afternoon a week. The village also boasts a local cricket club first established in 1886, social club and nearby playing fields.
Outside the front garden is mainly laid to lawn, with a generous driveway offering parking for several cars. A gated archway leads into a courtyard terrace with a garden shed, and access to the utility room and family room. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn and backs onto farmland.
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate