Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
An attractive and unique detached country house with parts believed to date back to c.1880, with very well maintained spacious and versatile accommodation with potential to re-model and improve (subject to consents) if required. Offered with no onward chain, points of particular note include:
• A welcoming entrance hall with staircase rising to the first floor. Double doors open to an impressive double aspect drawing room with French doors opening to the garden, parquet flooring and a wood effect gas burning stove set within an attractive brick surround fireplace.
• The double aspect dining room is in the oldest part of the house with exposed ceiling beams and timbers, an open fireplace with recessed book shelves with cupboards under to the side, windows with outlooks to the front and the rear and a door to the south facing terrace.
• The excellent conservatory is accessed from the dining room and has a tiled floor, double doors to the terrace and deep windows with attractive garden outlooks.
• The well fitted double aspect kitchen includes a walk-in larder and has a range of cream floor and wall mounted units with timber work surfaces. There is an adjacent utility room/boot room with space and plumbing for a washing machine and tumble drier and a cloakroom with storage cupboards.
• On the first floor the spacious landing has two windows looking out to the gardens and gives access to all bedrooms. The principal bedroom enjoys a double aspect with wonderful outlooks, an en suite shower with a large walk in shower and there is a separate dressing room with fitted wardrobes.
• The 3 further bedrooms are all very well served by a family bathroom, the smaller bedroom is currently used as a study. A staircase gives access to a very useable attic space comprising three separate rooms providing tremendous potential to create further bedrooms, subject to the necessary consents.
Situated along a country lane about half a mile from a highly regarded pub, surrounded by beautiful countryside and within close proximity of both the historic village of Ticehurst and Bewl Water (both are accessible via nearby footpaths). Ticehurst itself has a thriving village square with a general village shop incorporating a post office, a bank, dry-cleaners, hairdresser, greengrocer, chemist and car repair centre and salesroom. The larger village of Wadhurst is about 4 miles to the west and provides a wider range of everyday amenities and the popular town of Tunbridge Wells is about 10 miles away where there are outstanding shopping facilities including many major national stores and a variety of individual shops and boutiques.
Recreational activities in the area include the Dale Hill Golf Club with its two 18 hole golf courses and Bewl Water – the largest stretch of open water in the South East - which offers a fantastic range of leisure and recreational activities including fishing, cycling, boating and walking within the 800 acre site.
Directly adjoining the house, an attractive brick terrace is surrounded by mature plants, shrubs and trees and provides a delightful spot in which to sit, dine and entertain. A bridge crosses over a small stream fed by ponds within the grounds and gives access to the two detached garages, both of which have electronically controlled ‘up and over doors’ and a driveway with electric five bar gate leads out to the lane.
The gardens and grounds extend in all to just over 10 acres and are a wonderful mix of manicured lawns, a croquet lawn, a large wild flower meadow, which could equally be used as a pony paddock, mature woodland, substantial ponds and wooded glades. Pathways have been created in order for all areas of the garden to be enjoyed and there is an abundance of nature and wildlife.
There is a large detached workshop/store and a fine greenhouse with a tiled floor, all three of these outbuildings have power connected.
Whilst we have endeavoured to capture the beauty of the outside space with photography, a visit to the house is essential to fully appreciate the peace, diversity and special nature of the property, the gardens and the grounds.
Train Services: Wadhurst and Stonegate stations for trains to London (Cannon Street, Charing Cross and London Bridge) in about an hour.
Principal Bedroom with Dressing Room and En Suite Shower
3 Further Bedrooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate