Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Situated on high ground between High Hurstwood and Crowborough and close to the Ashdown Forest, Chillies Granary is a superb individual and very attractive detached property enjoying outstanding rural views across rolling countryside. Presented beautifully throughout and with no onward chain, points of particular note include:
• A stunning vaulted reception hall with a large ‘Jotel’ wood burning stove set within an impressive inglenook fireplace, wood floor, exposed stone walls, beams and timbers and a bespoke stained glass window.
• A sitting room with French doors opening to an attractive terrace, further wood burner set within a feature fireplace and beams and timbers and a separate double aspect dining room.
• A superb kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a range of floor and wall mounted units, stone and timber work surfaces, integrated appliances and two windows looking out to the gardens.
• A double aspect principal bedroom with floor to ceiling windows enjoying superb views and a very well fitted en suite bathroom with a separate shower.
• A guest bedroom with en suite and two further bedrooms (one is currently being utilised as a dressing room) which are very well served by a very good family bathroom.
• A fantastic galleried landing giving access to all bedrooms and the bathroom looks down to the reception hall and has windows enjoying the far reaching views.
This property is situated on high ground with glorious views about 1.5 miles from the centre of High Hurstwood which is a small village with a primary school, church, public house and village hall. Crowborough is about 2.5 miles distant and Uckfield about 6.5 miles where there is comprehensive shopping, leisure facilities and mainline train stations. The village of Buxted with local amenities and mainline station is about 3.5 miles while the popular spa town of Tunbridge Wells is about 10 miles to the north. The area is renowned for its excellent educational facilities and there are a wide variety of schools for both girls and boys within easy reach of the property. The house is surrounded by countryside and close by is the famous Ashdown Forest with around 6500 acres of beautiful open heath land - popular with ramblers, runners, cyclists and horse riders.
Accessed via wrought iron gates, a sweeping gravel driveway leads to the property providing parking and turning for a number of vehicles as well as access to the detached double garage which has a gym/office above.
The part walled gardens are extremely attractive and well kept with areas of lawn and mature plants, shrubs and trees including a number of fruit bearers in a small orchard. There are several areas in which to sit, dine and entertain and an outbuilding has been converted to an excellent bar/garden studio.
Sitting Room & Dining Room
Principal Bedroom with En Suite
Guest Bedroom with En Suite & Two Further Bedrooms
Established Gardens and Grounds
Detached Garage with Gym/Office above
Detached Bar/Garden Studio.
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate