Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
A beautifully presented three bedroom apartment, extending to 1423 sq ft, set within the main building of Victoria Court. The complex is considered one of the most stunning listed buildings in the area, built circa 1853 and converted into apartments in 2000. The builder was John Jay of London Wall, whose varied work included substantial railway construction contracts, rebuilding the Houses of Parliament after the 1833 fire and smaller architect-designed projects such as the Abney Park Chapel and Trinity Independent Chapel. The building was entirely financed by public subscription and Queen Victoria subscribed 250 guineas in the name of Edward Prince of Wales, who became a life member. He laid the foundation stone in June 1853 and opened the building. There is private access to the gymnasium and swimming pool. There is also a communal library which overlooks the Great Hall, boasting Victorian Hammer beamed ceiling along with a beautifully restored Victorian pipe organ.
The apartment is positioned at the front of the building with the accommodation accessed via the rear of the building by a communal entrance which provides access to the private entrance hall and includes a very spacious Southerly-facing sitting room with bay window and lovely high ceilings. The fitted kitchen/breakfast room includes numerous integrated appliances with adequate space for a table and chairs. The master bedroom has built in wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom, the second bedroom benefits from an en-suite shower room and the third bedroom is situated next to the cloakroom. The apartment was selected new by the current owners, because of its position and offers a wonderful opportunity for a discerning buyer to acquire a stylish apartment in one of the more sought after positions within the development.
On the edge of the North Downs it provides a prime location for the London visitor offering peace and serenity yet with quick and easy access to the capital (a direct line into Victoria from Redhill takes just 25 minutes). Earlswood Station is within a 10 minute walk (direct to London Bridge and London Victoria). Buses to Redhill and Reigate run through the park and Gatwick airport is only 5 miles distant. The town centre at Reigate offers a diverse selection of boutiques, coffee shops and restaurants, whilst more extensive shops can be found in the local town centre of Redhill. There are a number of good schools, both state and independent, for all ages. To name a couple, the sought after senior state school, St Bede's in Redhill, Reigate Grammar School and the highly regarded preparatory school The Hawthorns is located just outside Redhill in Bletchingley.
Lease - 125 years from 1st May 1999
Management charges - £4,009.78 pa
Ground rent - £200 per annum
1 Reception Room
Close to Station
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate