Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
A delightful and charming Grade II listed cottage dating originally from the 17th Century in the heart of the village.
Throughout the property you are greeted with a charm and warmth enhanced by the wealth of character features including exposed beams. The property has recently been completely and sympathetically refurbished to a high standard to complement and enhance the character, including re thatching, re wiring, re plumbing, and re plastering along with new bathrooms with under floor heating.
You enter into the dining room with beamed ceiling and access to the kitchen and passage through an inner hall to the sitting room. The sitting room features an inglenook fireplace and wood burner along with a door into the kitchen and stairs up to the first floor. The kitchen itself has freestanding units very much in keeping with the original cottage, an impressive ‘Aga’ and a door out onto the garden. There is space for a breakfast table and plumbing for a washing machine or dishwasher in the utility recess at the far end which also houses the gas central heating boiler. Opposite is one of the two bathrooms which is fitted with an attractive suite including a roll top, ball and claw foot bath. There are stairs from the kitchen to one of the three double bedrooms and there is a very quaint low door into the second bedroom. To the left of the kitchen a former barn has been wonderfully converted, with a vaulted ceiling and doors out onto the garden, into another reception room suitable for a wide range of other uses from bedroom to study or playroom to name a few and has a further office or store at the far end.
Upstairs either side of the landing are two delightful double bedrooms both with exposed floorboards. The master on your left has an en suite shower room and the second bedroom has a fireplace.
East Hagbourne is one of Oxfordshire's prettiest villages, lying at the foot of the Downs, with a fine main street including many attractive timbered and plaster houses with over-sailing top storeys. The village which is in a conservation area benefits from a number of amenities including the well preserved 12th century Church of St Andrew, pre and primary school, Fleur de Lys public house, post office and shop run by the village, garage, book club, bridge club, tennis club and Hagbourne Environment Group.
Didcot with its wider range of facilities and mainline station to London Paddington is within two miles whilst the larger centres of Oxford and Abingdon are respectively only 14 and 7 miles away. The nearby main arterial route of the A34 provides easy access to the M40 and M4.
Outside are attractive cottage gardens and parking for two cars.
Art lovers may be interested to note that Helen Allingham R.W.S. (1848-1926) painted the cottage in 1895 (see image: not part of sale)
Ensuite Shower Rooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate