Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
An attractive two bedroom period stone cottage located in a small and exclusive development. The property provides spacious accommodation arranged on two floors and with garage, car port and gardens. The property is sold with no onward chain. Sibford Ferris Manor House was built in 1666 by Thomas Walford. It was bought in 1797 by Joseph Harris, a Quaker, who sold it to the Society of Friends in 1842 to become a school when it is believed that the building which contains Bay Cottage was constructed (for use as a dormitory). It was sold in 2001 for redevelopment into apartments and houses and the access road, Walford Road, was named after the original builder. Featuring high ceilings and sash windows the property benefits from well proportioned rooms with a wealth of natural light including a bright entrance hall which gives access to ground and first floor accommodation with two reception rooms and two bedrooms. A well fitted kitchen with built in appliances provides access doors onto the gardens. On the first floor there are two bedrooms and a separate bathroom with modern white sanitary ware.
The prperty provides an ideal location for families with children attending the excellent Sibford School which is a stones throw from the cottage”.
Sibford Ferris, and the adjoining village of Sibford Gower, are located to the west of Banbury towards the Cotswolds, just off the B4035 The villages are normally associated as one and their combined amenities include a local shop/post office, village hall, where numerous activities take place, public house and a primary school. The property borders an extensive Conservation Area which includes the villages.
The property can be accessed via large double gates off the main street into a courtyard or from Walford Road. Steps lead to the property with a pathway through the garden leading to the main entrance. The gardens are enclosed and laid partly to lawn with a paved terrace and well stocked flowering borders. In addition, the property benefits from use of attractive communal gardens and courtyard which are all maintained through the lease and its service charge. A single garage provides parking or storage with up an over door. A car port also provides further parking space.
999 year lease from 25/12/2002 | Service charge £948 per annum (£79 per month) | Peppercorn Ground Rent | Fibre broadband available | Sky Satelite faciliated.
Private & Communal Gardens
999 Year Lease From 25/12/2002
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate