Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
The beautiful Grade II Listed manor house was built as a country mansion known as South Park for John Bruce, a descendant of Robert the Bruce, in 1885. Designed by Adolphus Croft, architect for Gillow and Co the house was built in the Domestic Revival and Queen Anne style, half-timbered with ornamental red brick facings and carvings.
The main rooms are in the Renaissance or Adam style, including oak joinery, ornate plastered ceilings and stained glass windows. The 1885 directory entry states ‘The residence has an interior which is admirably appointed, and no expense whatever has been spared’
The second owner Arthur Croft (the architects brother) – was a notable artist who specialized in painting mountain scenery in Britain and the Alps. He exhibited at the Royal Academy from 1868.
In about 1930 South Park became a boarding school for girls, opened by Miss Mulliner and was named Wadhurst College. Its numbers grew and other large houses were acquired to house the girls.
The Legat Ballet School joined it in the 1980s and the building remained a College until its closure in 2001.
Between 2001 and 2015 the buildings and the attached grounds sadly fell into disrepair, until Newcourt Residential Ltd purchased the site and began the extensive restoration project to bring the manor back to its former glory.
The Manor now houses 13 individual apartments, each having been restored back to the admirable interior and exterior of 1885 providing luxurious accommodation, many with spectacular far reaching views.
• Two private car parking spaces
• Communal landscaped gardens
Windows And Doors
• Traditional timber casement painted windows
• Traditional timber front door with either chrome or brass ironmongery
• Painted timber bi-fold doors to kitchen
• Stone or solid oak worktops
• Concealed LED lighting
• Fully integrated Siemens appliances including hob, oven, combination microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and wine fridge
• Fitted cabinetry and worktops to utility room
Bathrooms And Ensuite
• A mixture of traditional and contemporary luxury brassware with polished chrome fittings
• Villeroy & Boch floor mounted white WC pan with soft close lid and concealed cistern with designer flushplate
• Traditional freestanding wash stands
• Built in baths and shower enclosures in the family bathroom and master ensuite
• Polished chrome heated towel rails to all bathrooms
• A combination of porcelain and stone wall and floor finishes with feature tiles throughout
• Traditional bespoke mirror and wall lights to master en suite
• Outstanding decorative finish throughout
• Decorative cornice throughout
• Traditional solid wooden internal doors with complementing ironmongery
• Classically designed skirtings and architraves
• Stone skirtings to wet areas
• Traditional oak handrail to staircases and decorative spindles, fully carpeted
• Built in wardrobes to master bedroom dressing area including rail and shelving
• Optional additional wardrobe packages available
• A combination of luxury floor finishes, wood, stone and carpet
• HDTV network points to allow for digital and satellite TV distribution to primary rooms
• Central TV, FM and satellite system
• Energy efficient boiler
• Underfloor heating throughout (wet system) with individually zoned areas controlled via digital thermostats
• Fireplace with traditional stone surround
• Siemens extractor hood to kitchen and extractor fans to bathrooms
• Intruder and fire alarm system connected to smoke and heat detectors
Lighting And Power
• White adjustable ceiling downlighters
• Satin or brushed steel switches and sockets throughout
• 10 year Premier Guarantee
• 12 month defect liability period
• Full comprehensive home user manual
Private & gated development
Outstanding decorative finish throughout
Underfloor heating throughout (wet system)
A combination of luxury floor finishes
Fully integrated Siemens appliances
Central TV/FM/satellite system
Pprivate car parking space
10 year Premier Guarantee
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate