Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
For Sale By Auction 18th July 2018 12:00 PM.
To inspect the legal documents for this property go to our website www.auctionhouselondon.co.uk to download the legal pack
Shipton Court was built in 1603 by the Lacey family and was occupied by them until 1663. The Reade family were the new owners until 1900 when it was purchased by W F Pepper who carried out large scale restorations and alterations. The main framework of the gardens appear to have been in existence by 1900. After 1913 there were a variety of owners the most notable being Captain Walter d'Arcy Hall. During World War II the house was occupied by the army, in 1947 the estate was split and sold by auction. The rear of the house was divided into six apartments in 1977.
The village of Shipton-under-Wychwood is a quintessentially English village located in the heart of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. There was once an ancient Royal hunting forest, much of which still survives and conservation is promoted by The Wychwood Project. Shipton under Wychwood has a post office/convenience store, public houses/restaurants, a primary school, church, petrol station and garage. The amenities also include a village hall, doctor's surgery with pharmacy, cricket and tennis club, children's playground and a 'Wild Garden'. Situated c.4 miles north of Burford there are good road links to Chipping Norton and Stow-on-the Wold. Access to Oxford and Cheltenham is excellent from Burford via the A40. The main Hereford to London rail line via Oxford, stops occasionally at Shipton Station and regularly for commuters at Kingham and Charlbury stations. There is a bus service to Charlbury town and Mainline station, Witney and Burford.
Shipton Court is set in stunning and well maintained communal grounds. The entrance to the parking area and the property leads off from the corner of the High Street and Mawles Lane to a car parking area occupying the site of the former rose garden and orchard and to a block of new garages by the boundary wall. The gardens offer lovely short walks passing several seating and rest areas. The water gardens are terraced with steps leading down from the former dining room to a level lawn set with a fountain.
LEASE: The lease was granted on 01.10.1978 for 999 years
SERVICE CHARGE: The seller informs us that the service and maintenance charges amount to approx £250 p.c.m.
For Sale By Auction 18th July 2018 12:00 PM:
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate