Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
This fine Edwardian family house has a light and spacious interior and throughout there are some excellent features such as attractive fireplaces in three of the reception rooms, leaded light windows, some parquet flooring and cast iron radiators. Briefly the accommodation comprises:
• Front door to an Entrance Porch with door to the spacious Reception Hall. Stairs to the First Floor and door to the Cloakroom.
• The elegant, well-proportioned Drawing Room has a triple aspect outlook with a door to the south west facing Terrace. The open fireplace has a carved surround and mantel with marble inset and hearth.
• The Dining Room has double doors to the Drawing Room and a feature exposed brick surround fireplace with bressumer beam. The Family Room also has an open fireplace with carved wood surround and a door to the Terrace. The Study has fitted shelving with cupboards under and attractive outlooks over the Garden.
• The Kitchen/Breakfast Room is a good size and is fitted with a range of wooden fronted wall and base units with work tops over, space for appliances, fireplace recess with wood burning stove. There is an adjoining walk-in larder also a door to a useful boot room, a storage cupboard, a gas fired boiler for central heating for heating and domestic hot water and a door to the side terrace.
• On the first floor, the Landing has a Sitting Area with storage cupboards and access to the roof space.
• There are six Bedrooms, five of which have either wardrobes or built-in cupboards. Two enjoy very attractive outlooks over the Rear Gardens and one has a vanity unit with drawers to either side. The Bedrooms are served by two Bathrooms, one with a separate shower cubicle, there is also a separate WC.
The house, which is in the centre of this highly regarded village is close to the church and well-known gastro public house The George & Dragon, iis set back from the road and approached by an in and out drive. Also in the village there is a general store and highly regarded primary school. Tunbridge Wells is within easy reach and is just over three miles away where there are comprehensive shopping facilities including many major national stores, excellent choice of schools including both independent and grammar schools, recreational amenities such as the two theatres, the cinema complex, two golf courses, the sports and leisure centre and numerous restaurants etc.
At the front of the house there is a sweeping in and out gravel drive flanked by a good area of semi-circular lawn with a detached triple garage block to the side. The house is screened from the road by evergreen hedging and there are also shrub borders, a feature pond and a fine magnolia. At the rear, the south west facing wide paved terrace, which is flanked by flower borders, leads to a long lawn, with mature trees and shrubs to either side. At the lower end of the garden is the Tennis Court which requires some remedial maintenance. In all just under 0.75 acres.
Train services: Tunbridge Wells mainline station for trains to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street in about 50/55 minutes. Road communications: the A21 is to the north of Tunbridge Wells for a direct route to the M25 and national motorway network.
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate