Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
This original Victorian Lodge was substantially extended in the 1980’s, and again more recently and now provides outstanding family accommodation. This includes a lower ground floor with its own entrance which could provide a self contained suite if required or used as at present as a further guest bedroom with bathroom and sitting or games room etc. There are many notable features throughout the house some of which include the following:
• There is a delightful reception hall creating an excellent first impression of the interior.
• The drawing room is an impressive room nearly 30’ in length with a high ceiling, and at one end a curved wall with tall floor to ceiling casement doors to the south terrace. There is a fine carved surround fireplace with a range of bookshelves with cupboards below to one side.
• The dining room has an open fireplace and polished wood floor which continues into the open plan well-fitted kitchen/breakfast room with its range of cupboards and drawers with Corian work tops and matching island unit, with gas hob and oven in addition to the AGA.
• An attractive glazed hallway with steps leads to the large utility room with fitted work tops with cupboards below, an inset sink and plumbing for appliances.
• Adjoining the kitchen/breakfast room is a family room with an open fireplace, polished wood floor and outlooks to the front.
• On the first floor a spacious landing leads to the large principal bedroom which enjoys wonderful countryside outlooks, fitted wardrobes and an extremely well fitted en suite bathroom with large walk-in shower , panelled bath with shower attachment, pedestal basin and under floor heated tiled flooring etc.
• There are four further bedrooms which are all very well served by a family bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle
This former Victorian lodge stands in attractive partly walled gardens with views over fields and is about 1.75 miles from Langton Green with its good local shops, primary school, The Hare public house and the highly regarded Holmewood House Preparatory School for Boys and Girls. Tunbridge Wells is about 3.25 miles away well known for the famous Pantiles and also provides outstanding shopping facilities, excellent educational facilities and recreational amenities.
By the lane, there is a long high brick wall leading down to the entrance gateway and drive. The driveway has parking for several vehicles and a timber frame double car port. There is a secondary drive to the front. The gardens provide a beautiful setting, and comprise wide expanses of sweeping lawn, central long brick walkway with pergola covered in an abundance of climbing plants and flanked on either side by shrub borders leading to a delightful summerhouse/home office. In all just over ¾ acre.
Tunbridge Wells Main Line Station for trains to London (Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street), about 50/55 minutes.
Road Communications: The A21 is to the north of Tunbridge Wells for a direct route to the M25 national motorway network.
Principal Bedroom with En Suite Bathroom
Five Further Bedrooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate