Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
An impressive and substantial property forming a major part of this fine late Georgian country house with beautiful gardens and many period features including high corniced ceilings, fireplaces and sash windows. Presented well throughout, points of note include:
- A welcoming reception hall with fine staircase leading to the first floor, access to an inner hall and study and with old English oak block flooring which continues through the majority of the ground floor.
- A superb drawing room with tall double doors with sash windows and original shutters to either side opening directly to the gardens, and an ornate fireplace with marble surround and hearth.
- 'An elegant double aspect dining room with a tall window to one side and a bay with doors opening to the terrace at the rear, a classic fireplace and a door into the kitchen/breakfast room which is fitted with a range of custom built floor and wall mounted units and has ample space for a table and chairs.
- Five bedrooms and two bathrooms on the first floor with the double aspect principal bedroom enjoying superb outlooks over the gardens.
- An extensive loft space with several rooms and clear potential (subject to planning) to convert into additional accommodation.
Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the edge of the desirable and picturesque village of Speldhurst and about 3 miles from the centre of Tunbridge Wells this exceptional property is situated in a tucked away position with a small number of other properties.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Speldhurst has a magnificent church, excellent gastro-pub, convenient village store and post office, and a very highly regarded primary school. Tunbridge Wells has excellent shopping facilities, from national stores to individual boutiques and renowned educational facilities for boys and girls of all ages. It has many recreational facilities ranging from theatres and fine eateries to golf courses and other sports and leisure facilities.
Train Services: Main line stations at Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge offer services to London (Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street).
To the front of the house an 'in and out' driveway provides parking for a number of vehicles with walls, fences and mature planting. The majority of the gardens lie to the rear and side of the house and are mainly laid to lawn with a fine limestone terrace and a selection of plants, shrubs and trees. There is a garage nearby and in all the gardens extend to just under 0.85 acres.
Multi-Room Loft Space
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate