Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
This is one of our Country Houses
Created from a very imaginative concept Cherry Trees was built to a stunning design and to be a very eco friendly, spacious contemporary family house. This includes a biomass boiler for under floor central heating throughout, rainwater harvester, solar panels and triple glazed windows. There are numerous exceptional features some of which include the following:-
• There is a sweeping drive approach to the house via a gateway with warning sensors, there are CCTV cameras and the driveway has under floor heating and both are controllable by an App.
• The spectacular double height reception hall with its spiralling staircase creates a wonderful first impression of the house. There is polished wood flooring which continues throughout the ground floor.
• From the reception hall it is open plan to the reception areas including the fine drawing room with its floor to ceiling sliding doors to the west facing large balcony enjoying the countryside views. There is a contemporary raised and inset calor gas fire and room dividers separating the dining area.
• The kitchen/breakfast room with the sitting and dining areas provides superb light and spacious family space with the floor to ceiling windows to either side and access to the large balcony and opposite to the rear terrace. The kitchen area is exceptionally well-fitted and equipped with a long island unit with a silestone top with an inset induction hob, Teppenyaki surface, sink unit with boiling and filtered cold tap and dish washer. Behind there is a range of cupboards with three ovens, two fridge freezers etc. The ceiling moulding contains multi coloured disco lighting.
• The long curving full height window makes this a wonderful dining area enjoying the outstanding views. Adjoining is the sitting/family area with a range of low cupboards and to the side wide bi-fold doors to the rear terrace.
• On the first floor there is a long galleried landing with views to either side and a door to the lift. The principal bedroom has front and rear balconies, air conditioning and a luxury wet room en suite with open shower area with glass frontage, a double wash basin, panelled bath and two enclosed WCs.
• The guest bedroom has a well-fitted en suite bathroom with a separate shower and the two further bedrooms are served by a family bathroom with a shower and a separate WC. On the lower ground floor there is a 5th bedroom or playroom which has sliding doors to the lower terrace and an adjoining shower room.
• The office is also equipped as a cinema room, has air conditioning and there is access to the secondary staircase down to the small side hall with doors to outside.
• The superb indoor swimming pool is on the ground floor and has an electric cover and a “Jetstream”. Bi-fold doors open fully to the rear terrace. In the changing room there are a sauna, a shower and a cloakroom.
• Particular individual features include:- 10 camera CCTVs, wiring for Sonos sound system in all the ground floor plus office and playroom, telephone and internal telecom system, code entry front door.
The house stands on high ground with glorious views to the north and west and is set on the edge of Langton Green. This is a popular village with local shops, church, pub, cricket/recreation ground, a primary school and the well-known Holmewood House Preparatory school for girls and boys. Tunbridge Wells is about 3 miles away where there are excellent shopping facilities including many national stores, individual shops and boutiques. Recreational amenities include a cinema complex, two theatres, a sports and leisure centre, two golf courses and numerous restaurants. Schooling in the area includes separate grammar schools for girls and boys, independent schools and further afield but easily reached by road or rail, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks public schools.
The long sweeping drive terminates in a wide parking and turning area to the double garage, which has an automatic door and entrance to the house. The landscaped gardens provide an attractive setting for the house with wide expanses of lawns, and at the front ornamental semi-circular grasses and shrubs, with a lower terrace by the house. To the rear there is a large granite paved terrace on two levels extending to a decked terrace with lawn beyond. In all about 5 acres.
Train services: Tunbridge Wells to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street in about 50/55 minutes. Road communications: The A21 is to the north of Tunbridge Wells for a direct route to the M25 national motorway network. Air Travel: Gatwick airport is about 24 miles away.
NB: Cherry Trees qualifies for on going RHI and FIT receipts.
Double height galleried Reception Hall
Kitchen/Breakfast Room open plan to Sitting/Dining Areas
Indoor Swimming Pool with Sauna
Principal Bedroom with En Suite Bathroom
Guest Bedroom with En Suite Bathroom
Two further bedrooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate