Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
Situated in a very special, tucked-away position adjoining the playing fields of Holmewood House School, this superb detached house offers both spacious and versatile accommodation with the potential to extend (subject to planning). Offered with no onward chain, points of particular note include:
- A fine 22ft drawing room with a feature bay window, 2 sash windows to the front and French doors to the rear opening directly onto the garden. This impressive room has a coal effect gas fire with ornate book shelves and cupboards built either side of the chimney breast.
- A door from the drawing room and double doors from the reception hall open into an excellent dining room with tall sash windows looking out to the rear garden and a serving hatch to the kitchen/breakfast room which is fitted with floor and wall mounted units, a range of appliances, has a walk-in larder and space for a table and chairs.
- Adjacent to the kitchen is a small sitting room with sash windows to the garden and a large utility room which has doors out the front, rear and into the double garage.
- There is also a lovely double aspect study with fitted book shelves and cupboards at the front of the house.
- On the first floor, a double aspect principal bedroom has outlooks across the gardens, a range of fitted furniture and an en suite bathroom. The remaining 4 bedrooms, which include a charming triple aspect room above the porch, all have fitted wardrobes and are well served by a family bathroom.
Hither Chantlers is a highly regarded road on the southern side of Langton Green, with its good local shops, popular pub, church and primary school as well Holmewood House - the very well renowned prep school. Tunbridge Wells is less than 2 miles to the east for excellent shopping facilities, the historic High Street and the famous Pantiles.
A timber 5-bar gate opens onto a long private drive flanked with plants and shrubs which culminates in front of the house and provides parking and turning for a number of vehicles as well as access to the double garage with electric doors, a personal door into the house and a very good workshop to the rear.
The gardens surround the house and mature trees and hedging provide a great deal of seclusion. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn and adjoins the playing fields of Holmewood House School and a large terrace, with wide steps onto the lawn, provides a superb spot in which to sit, dine and entertain. In all about 0.87 acres.
Tunbridge Wells Main Line Station for fast commuter trains to London (Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street), about 50/55 minutes.
Principal Bedroom with En Suite
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate