Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
This is one of our Country Houses
Swigs Hole Barn is a most imaginative and superb conversion of a fine period barn taking full advantage of its glorious rural setting. Throughout the house there are many outstanding features some of which include the following:
• The imaginative conversion has created an exceptional period house of over 4,100 sq ft including the integral garage, providing very flexible spacious family accommodation.
• The reception hall/garden room like many of the rooms has a vaulted ceiling with beams and creates an excellent first impression of the house with its stable style front door and brick paved floor. There is a wood burning stove and south facing glazed screen with two pairs of French doors to the decked terrace.
• The farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room has flagstone flooring and is well fitted with a range of bespoke handmade units in a French Shaker style. A large island unit with zinc work surface, a Falcon 5 ring range cooker with cupboards either side with oak work tops and there is a further double Belfast sink unit with oak work tops either side and cupboards below. The south facing wall is completely screened with glass with French doors to the terrace. Adjoining is the pantry with a butler sink with work tops either side and cupboards below, plumbing for a dishwasher and space for American style fridge/freezer.
• The attractive sitting room has solid oak wide planked floorboards. Double aspect full height glass screens on two sides that are floor to ceiling and include a pair of French doors to the terrace and also enjoying delightful views across the stream to the pond and beyond. Particular features are the rustic window shutters and feature rustic wood wall. Adjoining is the fitted study.
• The dining room which is off the kitchen has flagstone flooring and an excellent range of book shelves with cupboards below. A timber stud wall divides this room from the family room which has double height glazed screen with French doors to the front and single height glazed screen to the rear with tall windows to either side and a staircase to the 1st floor gallery.
• On the first floor the impressive L shaped principal bedroom has a high vaulted and beamed ceiling, an integral king size oak bed frame, solid oak wide planked floorboards and stairs to an upper mezzanine level where there is a range of fitted wardrobe cupboards. Adjoining the bedroom is a well fitted bathroom with a roll top ball and claw bath with hand shower set and separate shower. The large galleried landing is at present being converted to the fourth bedroom.
• Two further bedrooms each have en suite facilities one with a bathroom, the other a shower room and both have fitted wardrobes and one has a Juliet balcony overlooking the pond.
• There are two cloakrooms and a utility room with plumbing for appliances. The L shaped integral garage could be incorporated within the accommodation subject to the necessary consents. An application has been submitted for a detached triple garage with a room above.
• There is oil fired central heating providing under floor heating through out apart from in bedrooms two and three.
• The property benefits from high speed fibre optic broadband.
The property is set well away from roads in a wholly rural setting and is approached by a long drive of just under 1/3 mile through fields. It is however within walking distance to the village of Horsmonden about ¾ mile where there is an award winning general store, a chemist, doctor’s surgery and primary school. The picturesque village of Brenchley is just under 2 miles. Tunbridge Wells about 10 miles for a comprehensive range of shopping facilities and amenities. There is a Waitrose and mainline railway station at Paddock Wood about 3 ½ miles distant for trains to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street in about 50 minutes. There is a wide variety of schools in the area for children of all ages in both private and state sectors including grammar schools for boys and girls.
The gardens and grounds provide a delightful setting for the house, the formal garden with the stream on two sides. This is overlooked by the magnificent, large south facing decked terrace which leads to a timber bridge over the stream to the field with the attractive large pond to the side. At the front there is parking and turning for several vehicles.
Mains water, electricity, private drainage
Reception Hall/Garden Room
4 Bedrooms (2 en suite)
Gardens and Grounds just under 2 acres
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate