Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Situated in a special, tucked away and secluded position between Crowborough and the Ashdown Forest, a unique and intriguing detached split level house dating back to 1830 with versatile accommodation and beautiful gardens and grounds. Points of note include:
- A welcoming entrance hall with limestone flooring, feature stone wall, study area, storage cupboard and stairs leading both up and down.
- A very well fitted kitchen/breakfast room with floor and wall mounted units, a range of appliances including Neff ovens, microwave and 5 ring gas hob, granite worksurfaces, oak flooring, exposed timbers, a window looking out to the gardens and French doors to an excellent conservatory with lovely outlooks and doors opening directly to the garden.
- A lovely sitting room with exposed timbers that is part open to the dining room, with a bay window to the front and a feature Bath stone fireplace with a 'Clearview' wood burning stove.
- A double aspect principal bedroom with lovely views across the gardens and two further bedrooms, all very well served by a family bathroom and a separate shower room.
- A secondary kitchen/utility room leading to an occasional bedroom which could form part of a self contained annexe.
The house is situated in a tucked away position to the north of Crowborough, less than a mile from the town centre where there is a Waitrose, Costa Coffee, WH Smith, post office, banks, a library and numerous other shops. The regional town of Royal Tunbridge Wells lies about 7 miles to the north and East Grinstead about 12 miles to the west where there are further excellent shipping and recreational facilities and the house is located close to a number of excellent schools and educational facilities for ages 0 to 18.
The property enjoys a secluded position and is approached via a long gravel driveway which culminates in a parking/turning area with garage and car port. The gardens directly adjoining the house are mainly laid to lawn with a wide selection of established plants, shrubs and trees as well as a small pond and covered pergola providing a lovely shaded spot in which to sit and entertain. There is an additional and quite spectacular piece of land (with separate vehicular access) which extends to just over 2.5 acres and is a mix of wild flower meadows with mown pathways, light woodland and orchards with various outbuildings including a summerhouse, workshop with power and light, a greenhouse and various sheds.
Just over 3 acres in total.
Bathroom & Shower Room
Garage and Outbuildings
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate