Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
This fine Grade II listed typical former Sussex farmhouse has many original features including exposed timbers and high skirting’s. Points of particular note include:
- A spacious L shaped tiled entrance hall with a cloakroom.
- The elegant dining room which historically was a former apple store has an open fireplace with marble and wood surround and a door opening to a garden at the side.
- A well fitted kitchen/breakfast room has tiled flooring and a range of wall and base units with a larder. Integrated appliances include Britannia range cooker with 6 ring gas hob and extractor above, dishwasher and space for fridge/freezer.
- The drawing room has an excellent large inglenook fireplace, exposed beams and storage cupboard.
-The triple aspect family room to the front of the house has a large feature fireplace, fitted cupboards and shelves either side, access door to the cellar, French door to the terrace and a staircase rising to the first floor.
- To the first floor the double aspect principal bedroom has a feature fireplace, two large walk in wardrobe cupboards and a well fitted en suite shower room.
- The guest bedroom has a feature brick fireplace and a row of fitted wardrobes and well fitted en suite shower room.
- There are two further bedrooms which are both very well served by a family bathroom which has a Jacuzzi bath and separate shower cubicle.
-To the top floor are two large attic rooms, which could be converted into further rooms subject to the necessary consents.
The property is situated along a private lane towards the end of a no-through road within a small and little known hamlet. The Boars Head Inn - a small local pub is within a short walk and there is direct access to a number of country walks and rambles close by. The house is conveniently situated for access to both Crowborough (1.5 miles) for supermarkets and everyday amenities and Tunbridge Wells (5 miles) for more comprehensive shopping and recreational facilities. There are a good number of highly regarded schools in the area, for boys and girls of all ages in both the private and state sectors and recreational amenities in the area include a sports and leisure centres, Bowles outdoor activity centre in Eridge and golf at a number of courses including the neighbouring Boars Head, Crowborough Beacon, Dewlands Manor and The Nevill in Tunbridge Wells.
To the front of the house a driveway provides parking for a number of cars and a double garage which has a personal door to two stables which are used for storage and a greenhouse. The main garden lies to the front of the house and has a wide area of lawn surrounded by hedges and trees with an ornamental pond. A terrace to the front of the house has a pathway round to a further area lawn to the rear which has shrub borders. Just under one acre.
Train Services: Eridge Station for London Bridge in about 60 minutes. Crowborough station at Jarvis Brook for a direct service to London Bridge in about 1 hour or Tunbridge Wells mainline station for trains to Charing Cross and Cannon Street in about 50/55 minutes.
Principal Bedroom with En Suite Shower
Three Further Bedrooms (One With En Suite Shower)
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate