Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
This is one of our Country Houses
This impressive Manor House is believed to have origins from the late 17th century with a substantial self contained wing added in the late 1920’s. The spacious interior extends to over 7,600 sq ft and provides the potential with the flexible layout to be arranged as a single occupation house or as now a main house and separate wing. There are many features of note some of which include the following:
• The original house has exposed beams, oak flooring, timber latch doors, leaded light windows and inglenook fireplaces.
• The fine reception hall creates an excellent first impression with its high beamed ceiling, inglenook fireplace and double doors to the drawing room, a beautifully proportioned room with beams, an inglenook fireplace and French doors to the rear terrace. There are two further fine reception rooms both with beams and fireplaces.
• On the first floor the principal bedroom enjoys wonderful views and has an en suite bathroom. On this floor the three further double bedrooms all have outlooks to the front. On the top floor there are three further bedrooms.
• The self-contained wing or annexe has its own front door to an entrance area opening to the kitchen. There are two good size reception rooms, the sitting room with a fireplace with wood burner and a dining room. There is also a study.
• On the first floor there are 3 bedrooms al with views, and a family bathroom. There are two further bedrooms on the top floor.
The property is set in wholly rural surroundings enjoying outstanding far reaching views to the west. It is situated between the villages of Rotherfield and Five Ashes. The picturesque village of Mayfield is about 3 miles away and has an excellent range of local shops and amenities. The larger towns of Crowborough and Heathfield are both about 5 miles away for more comprehensive shopping facilities whilst Tunbridge Wells is about 10 miles to the north. There is a wide selection of both private and state schools in the area for children of all ages.
Of the various outbuildings the traditional Sussex barn is the most impressive with its many fine timbers. This connects to the former milking parlour, dairy and stables and stores. There is also a large tractor shed and pole barn. The outbuildings provide scope for some conversion subject to the necessary consents. The gardens provide an attractive setting for the house with a sweeping drive to the front and lawned turning circle with further lawn either side. At the rear there is a brick terrace enjoying the views, further lawn, flower beds and nature trees. A private garden adjoins the wing and beyond are the fields and woodland. In all about 11.5 acres.
Train stations – Crowborough (about 4 miles) for London Bridge about 60 mins. Tunbridge Wells for Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street about 50/55 mins.
3 Reception Rooms
3 Bathrooms (1 en suite)
Wing - 3 Reception Rooms
In all just over 11 acres
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate