Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Let us help calculate the repayments on this property.Use our mortgage calculator
Sherborne House is a Grade II listed country house which in the main dates back to the mid nineteenth century when it was rebuilt by Lewis Wyatt between 1829-1834 under the commission of Lord Sherborne. Subsequently it was converted into 30 flats in 1982 with Flat 29 being situated on the second floor, arranged as a studio apartment. The living space consists of a lovely reception/bedroom with good ceiling height and windows of Georgian proportions overlooking a pretty central courtyard and cloisters. In addition there is an adjoining fitted kitchen and located off the hallway a shower room with modern white suite.
Sherborne is a delightful unspoilt Cotswold village north of the A40 between Oxford and Cheltenham.
The entire village is a Conservation Area within the Cotswold area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Many of the buildings in the village are Listed, there is a village store, thriving primary school and parish church. Most of the village and all of the surrounding parkland is owned by the National Trust. Sherborne House overlooks the landscaped broadwater of the Sherborne Brook and the setting retains the charm and atmosphere of a stately home set within its own estate and village.
Sherborne House stands in its own grounds of about 12 acres, comprising attractive well maintained lawns and gardens dating form early 19th Century, in a delightfully peaceful setting. The approach to the House is down a tree-line drive with flowering shrubs and plants, leading to the forecourt of the house with its surrounding formal gardens. Sherborne House overlooks parkland and splendid lawns, and to the east there is a rose garden, yew hedges and herbaceous borders. Other features of the gardens include an Orangery, Water Garden, Orchards and some fine mature trees. Situated in the grounds is the hard tennis court and indoor recreation centre, which houses the indoor heated swimming pool with changing rooms, Gymnasium and Sauna. There is ample car parking for residents and their guests.
Tenure: Leasehold 999 years from 1st January 1982. Management Company: Sherborne House is owned by the Sherborne Park Residents Company Limited. Outgoings: Service Charge: 1% of total expenditure per calendar year, currently c£400.00 per quarter. Ground Rent £20 per annum. Correct as at 25th May 2016.
Maintained Communal Gardens
Facilities Include; Heated Orangery
Indoor Heated Swimming Pool
Sauna and Gym
Hard Tennis Court
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate